The chief role of the Program Coordinator is to manage and implement innovative cultural programs that foster the values, beliefs, and educational mission of the Paul Robeson Cultural Center. This position will work primarily with the Director and Assistant Director, and may require some program/project management of undergraduate student assistants.
The Paul Robeson Cultural Center is committed to creating innovative, high quality and conceptually grounded programs. These programs are conceptualized under a framework that includes five core programming areas:
1. Scholarly Initiatives & Cultural Education Programs
2. Cultural Engagement Programs
3. Cultural Development Programs
4. Cultural Community Building Initiatives & Co-sponsorships
5. Cultural Environment Enhancement/Safe Space
This position may also require serving on various campus wide or divisional policy and programming committees as assigned by the supervisor. Work schedules will be coordinated with your supervisor and based on your academic and social obligations and the needs of the Cultural Center. Some late nights, evenings, and weekends may be required.
– Must be enrolled in a related graduate program at Penn State University Park
– Must be able to work in an energetic and culturally affirming work environment
– Must be creative and have exceptionally proficient computer skills
– Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbally
– Must be able to effectively manage programs from conception to completion this includes coordinating planning timelines, publicity efforts, and event staffing.
– Must embrace a work ethic of accountability, punctuality, and professionalism.
Interested applicants should drop off or forward a cover letter and a copy of their resume to:
Dr. Stephanie Danette Preston
21 HUB Robeson Center